Thursday, June 12, 2008

High Blood Pressure Cooker





A few things have happened since my last little autobiographical update, so I thought I'd toss another one out.

First, I was given a hefty raise at work. I seem to have convinced them that I have a wide and potentially useful collection of skills, and the owners decided to pay me more so I wouldn't look for another job.

So now I can afford to support myself again.

Once July gets here, I plan to get my own place, much closer to the job because this 50-mile round trip commute is aggravating and wasteful of both time and gasoline.

I used most of my first larger paycheck to get a physical (first in a couple of years). It was becoming a bit of an issue, because I'd been without medication for high blood pressure for about six months -- The prescription ran out, and I couldn't renew it without a new examination. -- and my pressure had been about 160/110 for the week before the exam. But now I have my medication again, and that's back to normal. I keep hoping that life will calm down enough that I won't need it, but I'm not holding my breath.

There's no other news of importance just now, but that seems like good progress for a couple of weeks.
Hits as of now: 3723

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mo' money! mo' money! mo' money!
congrats on the pay raise. that should ease some of the stress in your life.
getting the physical was a wise decision. taking care of yourself is the most important thing you can do.
life is looking good for mike!

Unknown said...

C to the grats on the raise to the P! Finally, some good news in your life! And take your meds, boy! With all the hot guys you look at, you're bound to get high blood pressure, at least in one specific part of your body.