Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dance Floor Exercises

I love this picture.


Not so much that I didn't touch it up a bit, though.
Removed some blemishes, augmented the colour, simple stuff.

For those that don't follow gymnastics, that's German Fabian Hambuechen and USAmerican Jonathan Horton, by the way. It's probably harmless - just two friendly competitors saying goodbye at the end of a long and very prominent competition - but it looks pretty intimate to me.

I think Fabian's just happy to be able to look down into someone's eyes for a change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if they were lovers it would be harmless (rant)...LOL
Yeah, it's beautiful picture... but you just can't avoid of thinking what would've happened right after the photo was taken: beautiful kiss...sigh.
I'm hopeless when it comes to romance.
Peace: Preacher

Unknown said...

after a sub-par performance at the high bar, fabian thought he lost his chance to stand on the podium. but then the guys who followed gave disastrous performances, so fabian was relieved to get bronze. also, jonathan won silver (although it shoulda been gold) and so the two are consoling/congratulating each other with the hug. nothing romantic about it.

boy, didn't i just ruin the mood

Anonymous said...

I do realize that my first comment can be considered offensive, that was not my intention and there for I wish to appologize my inconsiderate words.
Preacher

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. You just said that there would be nothing wrong if they were lovers. I suppose the two guys themselves might be offended at the possibility, but only a very close-minded and insecure guy would be insulted by a subjective statement of "were" and "would be." I hope those two guys (Yeah, like they'll ever see this Weblog!) would be more civilized and secure than that.

Preach on, guy!

RAD said...

"I think Fabian's just happy to be able to look down into someone's eyes for a change" I Love it!