Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oval Office Politics



"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President.
Now I'm beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow


"In America any boy may become President and I suppose
it's just one of the risks he takes." - Adlai Stevenson


"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams


"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and
I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases
want to be president." - Kurt Vonnegut


"I had rather be right than be President." - Henry Clay

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean
to stand by the president." - Theodore Roosevelt


And I'll give the last word to one of my heroes:

"Any American who is prepared to run for president
should automatically, by definition, be disqualified
from ever doing so." - Gore Vidal
Views as of now: 2211

No comments: