Thursday, July 22, 2010

BIRTHDAY BOYS FROM BRAZIL

Aniversário Feliz to Arthur Sales!


Isn't that cute? He made the same face when
I met him in person, right before saying
"How the Hell did you get in my bathroom?
And "Give me back my rubber duck!"


Photo of Arthur by Greg Vaughn
shamelessly lifted from Made in Brazil
Views as of now: 229,692

If today is Arthur's birthday, that makes me exactly one month (and a lot of years. sob.) older than he.

I've never posted Arthur Sales here before, but -- believe me -- I have noticed him. Though I tend to find pretty faces more attractive, Arthur's face is more handsome than pretty. And handsome in a really attractive way. And, as Kenneth in the 212 pointed out, he's been hard at work re-building his body.

I'd about 85% decided to make him Man of the Month for August. What would you guys think of that?

One thing detracts though: Arthur is another one of those guys who had a generous helping of brown spots on his skin. Though certainly not as pointilistic as, say, Alex Pettyfer, nevertheless I find it a distracting flaw, always giving me the impression that he needs to wash his face.

Don't get me wrong.
No one needs to be perfect to be beautiful, and this boy certainly looks good even with a few spots on his skin. Indeed, some people find little flaws like these make people look better.

But I am a bit worried about seeing more and more spots on people's skin in recent years. Is this some result of ozone depletion, of growing up in a world where sun exposure is more damaging than it was when I was this guy's age? Or is it simply that magazines aren't hiding the spots like they used to?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, pul-lease

Anonymous said...

He for a man of the month? for sure, he's worthy!