Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a Waste Management


Hanging around Some Bar

As usual on Sunday, that's a lie.

But at least this time, the truth is more productive. I spent most of today cleaning the apartment (and I've realized that the only way to have a clean kitchen is to stop eating!) and getting rid of things I don't need.

When I moved my RAOS* into this place, I vowed to start getting rid of what I could and this weekend I made a dent in that. I sorted through four boxes of papers for the filing cabinet and then hauled about half of it to work to be tossed into the recycling bin. I'm pretty sure I could have just tossed them all without missing them much, but I'm not that ruthless yet.

I also visited the used book store again -- the year is 11 days old, and I've been there 8 times already; honestly, it's like a disease with me -- but this time I was selling instead of buying. I got 75 books and 17 DVDs off the shelves and cashed them in. As usual, I got paid next to nothing - the average was less than 50 cents per book - but at least those books are gone. I went through all 1500 books looking for things to eliminate, but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to part with more of them. I look at an unread book and just know that I'll read it eventually.

My fear lately is that I won't live long enough to read all the unread books I own.
_ __ _______________ __ _

By the way, I just added a list of my Man of the Month clips to the sidebar.

It was time-consuming because I had to find new music for four of those clips because of copyright claims that kept them from being seen. So now all the clips ought to be public again, though four of them have songs they weren't designed to accompany or they have silence (which means I did something incorrectly).

In the process of making that list of links, I got to listen to all the original songs again in a sort of mini concert, and I realized that I have really good taste in songs sometimes. I wish you could hear the original songs for them.

Ever since I stopped using that Maroon 5 song every month, my choices have been as much about bringing attention to cool songs as it has been to showing you beautiful men.


* Ridiculous Amounts Of Stuff

No comments: