Saturday, December 27, 2008

Rubbed the Wrong Way


Something odd just happened: on the way home,
I stopped at a local bookstore to indulge in a chair massage.
Unlike some places, these people are well-trained and generally
know what they're doing, so I trust them more than some others.

I've done this a few times in the past, and I'm used to having
the masseur comment on how stiff and uptight my back is.
(as if my back wouldn't be stiff and uptight like the rest of me!)

But this was the first time I've had one complain
that I was so stiff that I made her have to work too hard.
Whiny bitch!


I had some time to play around online the past couple of days, so I've come across some new (to me, at least) 'blogs to add to my list of sites that I don't have time to visit more than once a week.

Boys Will Be Boys caught my attention with his Corbin Fisher guys masthead. So far this seems like another collection of random guys, but this one has a few I've never seen before. And anyone who appreciates Paul Walker is worth checking with periodically.

American Urge hasn't been updated since early November, so I may have again found a 'blog that died before I first laid eyes on it. But page 1 had both Kerry Degman and Edilson Nascimento on it, so at least I like the guy's taste. 'hope he resumes posting.

I've only visited Deep Dish a couple of times so far, and to be honest what I've seen is far from deep. But it has been entertaining, and I'll keep going back, if only indulge the fantasy that the guy on the masthead is actually the one writing.

Through my darling Auntie Vera (I hope I can call him that), I discovered Rants of a Diva, a 'blog written by a cute 20-year-old college student to talks about movies more than I do. Visit him if only out of respect for his tagline: "Forget Eve...It's All About Me."


And
thought-provoking though free of eye candy, a friend emailed me a link to Your Hillbilly Aunt Shelle and her post entitled "An Agnostic's Guide to Surviving the Bible Belt."

Of course, Austin is relatively un-belted for the most part, but we're right in the center of the state where the Governor once declared that "If English was good enough for Jesus, it ought to be good enough for the rest of us!" so this column may tell me some useful coping mechanisms.

Hits as of now: 40,374

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as the CF masthead of guys
Back row left to right is:

Shaun, Brent, Travis, Trevor

Bottom kneeling

Cade & Logan

As a past member awhile ago, That's who these guys look like to me.