Monday, December 15, 2008

Disagree Mint on Your Pillow

On my YouTube account, I've received compliments for the way I handle people who give me crap.

Basically, I just respond politely but firmly. I never delete their comments, and I've even been known to defend their right to have an opinion that's different than mine. To me, all of this is just the way civilized grownups behave, but I suppose it's in short supply in the various online "communities" where the majority of people weren't alive to see the shuttle blow up.

But now I've been on the receiving end of the opposite kind of treatment. Some guy refused to allow my comment to appear on his 'blog because I disagreed with him. I think I need to amend my mental dictionary and add this to my definition of cowardly.

(Of course, mentioning it here is a bit too whiny to be either civilized or grownup, but I'm annoyed and a little drunk.)

No comments: