Thursday, October 16, 2008

Twelve Step-by-step




Another piece of the puzzle that is getting my life back under control is in place.

Yesterday I put a deposit down on an apartment. On Monday, I go to sign the lease and get the keys, and Tuesday I start moving in. It's just a little one bedroom place in a run-down complex near the office, but after months of being homeless and living off the kindness of friends, it will feel good to have my own place again.

It's not anything like the place I used to have, so I doubt that I'll get to play the host for a while, but there is an interesting view from the bedroom window: it overlooks the soccer practice field at the local community college.

Hits as of now: 22968

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the new apartment. getting a place of your own is something you've written about all year. i'm glad that you've been able to accomplish this goal.

Unknown said...

ooo, can i come visit?