Monday, September 1, 2008

Oblique Reference Work



Those things bulging overhead there are the external obliques,
muscles that run roughly from the sides beneath the bottom rib
diagonally down to the groin. When they're as developed as this
they be become a structure that is called Apollo's Belt
or
the Belt of Adonis.

I've long been an admirer of this particular structure,
but I never expected to find these particular muscles on myself.

But I have at least the start of them. After a week or so of spending more time on regularly working out my midsection, I thought I could feel muscle firming up under the fat. Then I could feel these obliques bulging out a bit, and that discovery encouraged me to work harder and more often.

Then today was the first of the month, so I decided to take my measurements. The last time I did this in any organized way was June 1st, so that was my basis of comparison.

The news is all good. My weight is down just six pounds, but my bodyfat percentage is down more than 8%. (The discrepancy is to be expected: muscle is more dense than fat and weighs more while taking up less space.) I've lost a bit over two inches from my waist and added almost an inch to my chest/lats.

My upper arms are still too small to fit my overall build, so that will have to be part of the next goal: keep up the core exercises, add more cardio to burn fat (the muscles there, but I want it visible), and increase my upper body weight lifting.

All in all, I'd do me.
Hits as of now: 15026

No comments: