Monday, March 17, 2008

Sign of the Crosse


Last week, while I was visiting two friends of mine in Dallas, one of them took me to lunch at this sandwich place. He kept talking about what a great atmosphere it had and how he ate there every chance he got because of the ambience. When we got there, it was totally no big deal. Just a regular sandwich place.

Then most of the lacrosse team from the local private boys' school came in to eat, and I got what my friend was talking about.

I also wondered -- not for the first time -- at what point checking out young guys goes from harmless fun to rather sick and disturbing. How big an age difference is required for one to become a "creepy old pervert"? There must be a formula for this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not the age difference. it's the state of mind of the observer that matters.