Monday, January 7, 2008

You Know the Drill



Kenneth at Definition of a Man has named Nick Auger his Man of This Month and in the past six days has shown us some impressive pictures of the man. Nick was a 22-year-old computer science major who had never modeled before he won the Model Universe competition in 2004 (I think the photo on the right is from that competition, actually). I don't see much of him in magazines anymore, but he's one of the fitness models connected with Strengthnet.com and occasionally he'll show up in a workout video on YouTube.

Nick's certainly a good-looking guy, with a lean body and a wicked grin, but I have a hard time believing that that is his real name.

"Nick" is the kind of hard, monosyllabic name that famed author and homophobe Ernest Hemingway would have been proud of, and an auger - as any good farmboy knows - is an over-sized drill.

I find it just too much of a coincidence that this beautiful man would get such a studly name by chance.

As long as I'm talking about onomastics here, I'd like to point out that Kenneth is a Scottish name meaning "handsome."

Michael is the modern form of an ancient Hebrew name meaning basically "god- like." Well, all right.
Views as of now: 2092

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lol...I've never met or seen anyone named Kenneth who is 'handsome' or hot, including myself. except for the soap actor jay kenneth johnson, but that's his middle name.

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

Well, I can't claim to be very "god-like" either. Good thing it's not my real name.

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.