Thursday, July 23, 2009

COMMON SENSE OF HUMOUR

Lately, I'd been trying to think of a way to make this 'blog o'mine a bit different. After all, there are hundreds of thousands of them, and the sheer overload is mind-boggling.

But I don't have the resources to do anything even slightly unique here. I can't photograph and interview these guys in person. I don't have the amazing collection of photographs that some 'bloggers do, and I don't have a big circle of friends who come to read about my most mundane daily activities.

All I do have that seems at all special is my rather outre sense of humour.

So that's what I'm going with. Pictures of hot guys with my odd little stories attached.

Enjoy.


The photos on my sidebar labels are part of that. Some of my favourite guys with big smiles on their faces.

And they weren't that easy to find. I had to look in lots of places to find smiling photos (though in the end, I stole most of them from Kenneth). It seems that fashion photographers and art directors have decided that a stern, arrogant, chin-up pose is masculine and sexy. Check out a high school yearbook if you get the time: high school jocks are doing the same thing in their photos.

For some reason, guys everywhere seem to have come to think that being sexy seems to mean trying to look like an angry street thug with a chip on their shoulder.

I hope this passes soon.

This discover, by the way, has inspired my poll for the next few weeks. Give it a click, please.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your blog. i enjoy your sense of humor. your blog is very unique, believe me!

and yeah, guys are ten times hotter when they smile

dukerwt said...

i'm glad to see you continuing your blog. i love your humor and your quirk of spelling certain words in the british style.

how about doing a pic of a guy not smiling followed by a photoshopped smile(s) on the guy?

good to have you back. i hope all is well with you and your health.

Anonymous said...

I'm always with you! dear Mike. Please, continue updating your nice blog. I adore men smiling, they're lightened by a special light! I think the beauty of a man is for 90% in his face/look/eyes.

Hugs from Xersex